Friday, June 3, 2011

June3rd, almost 500 miles

The St. Louis Arch


We knew that today would be a long day. However, we didn't know that there would not be any rooms available in Kansas City due to a ball game, NASCAR event & a concert. So we went an extra 50+ miles to St. Joseph, MO.  It was very hot again and we had a couple of small glitches that worked out fine.  First, Phil, I don't have the hat you gave me anymore.  A strong crosswind blew it out of the car. If you want it go to mile 67 of I-70, it is probably still there. Next, one of those noisy Z-Kat-A bugs (I have not idea how to spell it!) came in my window & behind my back. I found in on the seat. It was a creepy bug...kind of looked like a small bat. I threw it out the back window. Then we noticed that Jim & Rose's car was losing a lot of water.  Not a big deal we took the next exit & Ray & Jim fixed it too by getting rid of the thermostat & adding 1 3/4 gal. of water. (I didn't know that Model A's don't need thermostats.) It  might have taken 15 minutes & we were back on the road again. It is still very hot but now we are heading north so it should start to get cooler.  I plan to add some pictures soon. Just haven't had a chance yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment